What is Porous Paving?
Porous Paving, also known as Permeable Paving, is a paving product that allows air and water to flow through the porous material, enabling the water to soak into the soil below.
Permeable Paving is extremely versatile and can be used for a wide variety of purposes from roads to swimming pool surrounds. Heritage Tree Care has undertaken extensive research, building upon the various industry available products to offer a variety of innovative porous paving solutions to clients.
Using Permeable or Porous Paving significantly reduces the water shed run off from hard stand areas and enables trees to use the water within their root systems. Often, heavy rainfall becomes contaminated as it flows over concrete footpaths by picking up contaminates and fine silty debris. Permeable Paving enables contaminated water to be absorbed into the soils therefore reducing the amount of contaminated water flowing into rivers and creeks.
With the increased use of impervious surfaces in our cities such as concrete, cement and asphalt, our city storm water systems are under growing pressure. Many of the natural soils have become blocked by concrete capping and have lost the ability to retain moisture which causes flooding.
Protecting tree beds from compaction by vehicles and pedestrians is important for the long term sustainable growth of our urban street tree population and for many years Porous Paving has been used around tree beds as a tool to protect tree root zones.
Porous Paving can significantly reduce the effects of surface flooding by enabling the tree beds, footpaths and driveways to capture and retain moisture.
Porous Paving is:
- Cheaper to manufacture and install than traditional paving.
- Environmentally friendly made from either 100% recycled Rubber or Tree Mulch.
- Long lasting with no maintenance required.
- Flexibility of products depending on location.
- Suitable to use around trees as its flexibility moves with tree roots.
- Arbor Pave: Rubber Stone Porous Paving. Flexible moves with tree roots, is load bearing. Suitable for any outside space.
- Arbor Pave Plus: Aggregate Rubber- A load bearing, hard wearing, porous paving product suitable for high to medium traffic areas.
- Arbor Flex: Rubberised Mulch Paving Porous Paving – Suitable for tree surrounds- flexible and dynamic
- Perma Mulch: Resin Bound Organic Mulch Porous Paving– Non load bearing, dynamic can absorb up to 100 Litres of water. Suitable for gardens, parks and around trees.
- Stone Porous Paving: Suitable for roads and car parks, is load bearing.
Porous Paving Can Be Used By:
Home Owners: Driveways, Paths, Swimming Pool Surrounds, Decorative Tree Bed Surrounds, Gardens, Play Areas.
Commercial: Any Outdoor Space, Car Parks, Tree Surrounds, Paths, Roads.
Construction: Roads, Pavements, Tree Surrounds, Roundabouts, Car Parks, Outdoor Spaces.
Councils: Parks, Playgrounds, Swimming Areas, Roads, Pavements, Tree Surrounds, Roundabouts, Car Parks, Outdoor Spaces.
Call Today for a Free Quote in South East Queensland including Brisbane, Redlands, Ipswich, Gold Coast, Toowoomba or Logan areas. Free Call: 1800 353 053 OR (07) 3715 5444