Trees in the Community Benefit Everyone.
Tree care and community go hand in hand. Research has shown that communities with plenty of trees and green areas have healthier, safer, happier and richer inhabitants. Community events such as the Goodna Jacaranda Festival benefit everyone; they are organised by local people to bring their community together and to celebrate their local environment, promote local businesses, community groups and charities while also providing fantastic entertainment and fun activities for all age groups. Events that highlight the benefits of the looking after the environment such as the Green Heart Fair or celebrate our native tree species such as the Goodna Jacaranda Festival can only benefit everyone in the community by raising awareness of the importance of trees and our environment.
Why Should We Celebrate Trees?
Trees provide people with enormous health benefits:
- They improve the air quality by helping to remove heat-trapping gases such as carbon dioxide alleviating the phenomenon known as the Green House Effect.
- They release oxygen and one large tree can supply a day’s supply of oxygen for four people.
- The presence of trees in a community encourages people to be more physically active and positively affects their behaviours and attitudes.
- Regular exercise in nature has also been shown to alleviate stress and therefore help with mental health issues.
- Trees provide a reduction in heat. A worldwide review of scientific literature showed that an urban park was on average 0.94 °C cooler in the day than the surrounding urban area, making warm days more tolerable (Bowler et al., 2010). Water evaporates from the surface of leaves converting it to air vapour which removes heat energy from the air. A single tree can produce the same cooling effect of 10 room-size air conditioners operating 20 hours per day.
- Trees block sunlight and provide shade, therefore, giving people the opportunity to spend time outdoors without risking overexposure to the sun and UV rays. This is especially important in tropical places such as Queensland, Australia where UV readings are high all year round.
Trees are Great for the Environment
There are so many reasons why trees are so important to the planet:
- They create an eco-system to provide food and shelter for countless, birds, mammals, insects and reptiles.
- Trees can absorb and block noise and if a tree is planted in the correct place it can reduce noise by up to 40%.
- Trees help reduce surface water runoff from storms, thus decreasing soil erosion and the accumulation of sediments in streams. They increase groundwater recharge and reduce the number of potentially harmful chemicals transported to our streams.
Trees are Extremely Important for the Community
- The presence of trees can enhance a community’s economic stability as they attract businesses and tourists to the area and customers are more likely to linger and shop longer when trees are present.
- Property values in leafy green areas increase and properties with mature trees have a 5-15% high value than those without trees and are also quicker to re-sell.
- They create a feeling of community pride and studies show that crime rates are statistically less in areas with plenty of trees. However, in areas with uncared for, low dense brush which can conceal criminals, the crime rate can be higher, the lesson being that well- cared for community areas are safer.
- There is also more likely to be community spirit in areas of trees as people are out walking, jogging playing and interacting with their neighbours.
Heritage Tree Care: Proud Sponsors of Goodna Jacaranda Festival.
Heritage Tree Care is very proud to serve awesome communities in the Brisbane, Ipswich, Logan, Redland Bay, Moreton Bay and Toowoomba area. Providing professional and quality tree care at an affordable price to our valued customers is the number priority and being able to give back to the community through sponsorship of events, especially ones which encompass our vision of helping the environment is an honour. The Goodna Jacaranda Festival takes place from the 27th-29th October 2017 and is well worth a visit.
Professional Tree Care for You!
If you would like to talk to a tree care company who provide a quality and professional tree service, who understand the benefits of proper tree maintenance and have the best interests of the customer and the environment at heart, call the Heritage Tree Care experts on 0737155444 for a free no obligation quote. Our qualified Arborists will be delighted to advise you on the best course of action for your trees. We cover Brisbane, Logan, Ipswich, Redlands, Moreton Bay, Toowoomba and Gold Coast area in Queensland, Australia.