Soil Decompaction and Agronomy Services in Brisbane.
Heritage Tree Care is delighted to offer Soil Decompaction services to provide an efficient and cost-effective solution to the common problem of compacted soil in South East Queensland. A cutting-edge portable soil injector will aerate the soils while simultaneously injecting nutrients and fertilizer deep into the ground to improve the overall condition and health of the soil.
This service is suitable for compacted soil:
- Around trees
- In parks
- Sports grounds
Unfortunately, compacted soil is one of the most common causes of declining trees, the reason for this is:
- Soil that is compacted does not allow water to filter downwards into the ground.
- Soil compaction in tree root zones will obstruct the growth and vigor of trees and shrubs.
- Water-logging caused by soil compaction suffocates micro-organisms and roots.
- Prolonged lack of water leads to drought stress which in turn leads to inevitable decline.
Benefits of Soil Decompaction
Heritage Tree Care’s state of the art soil decompaction service will:
- Reduce soil compaction.
- Reduce the likelihood of re compaction.
- Stimulate tree root growth through the improvement of soil structure and aeration.
- Drain waterlogged soils to reactivate natural biological processes in the soil
- Increase soil moisture retention with water retaining granules,
- Improve soil nutrition.
- Enhance plant performance with organic bio stimulates and mycorrhizal inoculation.
For a Professional Air Spade Service in the Brisbane, Redlands, Ipswich, Logan or Toowoomba areas, please call us for a free quote TODAY! Free Call: 1800 353 053 OR (07) 3715 5444
- Expose root flares of trees planted too deep.
- Expose root flares of trees covered with fill dirt.
- Expose root flares and root structure 6” to 18” below grade for base investigation.
- Expose root flares for Macro Injections.
- Digging trenches without cutting roots or concrete.
What is an Air Spade?
An Air Spade is a hand-held soil excavation tool connected to a large air compressor. A high-pressure stream of air is channeled through a nozzle which then breaks soil into smaller particles and similar to vacuum excavation which uses water instead of air, it does not harm the ground, the tree roots or any other underground utilities or pipes. Traditionally arborists have only been able to safely examine trees parts that are above the ground however the Air Spade enables arborists to examine the root flare – that part of the trunk that converges into root tissue. Revealing the root flare can provide an arborist with valuable evidence regarding the overall wellbeing of the tree. It is a noisy and dirty process but is a very effective and efficient way to uncover tree roots.
Diagnosing Tree Root Issues
If an arborist suspects that a tree’s roots may be decaying, using an Air Spade is the quickest and safest way to confirm or rule out their suspicions. Root decay needs to be quickly treated as if left untreated it will certainly cause the tree’s health to decline and ultimately fail. There are a number of reasons why roots may decay including:
- Root Rot: a disease that attacks roots growing in damp or wet soil
- Pest Infestation
- Soil Fungus
The Air Spade is a tool that can tell the arborist if anything around the tree base looks unhealthy. If extra soil has been added around the base of a tree, then this can have a disagreeable consequence on the tree’s well-being. The arborist can inspect a bare root flare and determine if structural roots show signs of decline or decay.
Root Plate Injections
For Professional Plant Health Care and Root Plate Injection Service in the Brisbane, Redlands, Ipswich, Logan, Toowoomba or Gold Coast areas, please call us for a free quote TODAY! Free Call: 1800 353 053 OR (07) 3715 5444
- Improve soil health and quality.
- Improve natural disease suppression through increasing beneficial microbial numbers
- De-compact soil for better friability, enhancing root growth, water percolation and oxygen diffusion
- Bio-Activating, Organic liquid fertiliser specially formulated for your plant and soil health requirements.
Tree Health Problems
If you notice any of your trees/plants declining, early diagnosis is the most effective preventative. Engage a qualified Arborist to inspect and assess.
Signs of decline include:
- Loss or discolouration of leaves
- Pests within the canopy or bark
- Fungal infections
- Borers (leaking sap/holes)
Back to Health
If the problem is identified in time the tree/plant can often be brought back to health by injecting a specially formulated Bio-activating liquid organic fertiliser into the root plate. The fertiliser acts as a health boost for the failing tree.
- Improved Plant Health.
- Natural Pest and Disease suppression.
- Improved growth rates.
- Improved water retention.
- Improved Fruit production and more efficient mineral uptake and density
Root Plate Injections are more effective if they are injected as soon as a problem is identified. A fully diseased or failing tree will take longer to respond to treatment so make sure you regularly inspect your trees for signs of stress. Give us a call and one of our Consulting Arborists will inspect the tree and recommend a Root Plate Injection treatment to give your tree the best possible chance of survival.
Please call us for a free quote TODAY! Free Call: 1800 353 053 OR (07) 3715 5444