For a Professional Plant Health Care and Cable and Bracing Service in the Brisbane, Redlands, Ipswich, Logan, Toowoomba or Gold Coast areas, please call us for a free quote TODAY! Free Call: 1800 353 053 OR (07) 3715 5444
What is Tree Cabling and Bracing?
Arborists use cable and bracing to support structurally weak trees that are vulnerable to storm damage and the weight from their own foliage. This is particularly common in mature, multi-trunked trees and trees with open canopies. Correctly fitted cables help to redistribute the load of the canopy, allowing limbs to support each other and decrease structural stress.
- Reduces the likelihood of failure of a healthy tree with structural weakness.
- Can prolong the life of an otherwise desirable tree.
- Reduces the hazard potential of a tree.
- Stabilization of weakened or split crotch in trees.
- Supporting heavy, horizontal branches.
- Hold rubbing limbs together or apart.
Tree Health Problems
If you think that one of your trees is a candidate, then it is time to get a Certified Arborist to assess it. Signs of decline include:
- Cracking or vertical splits in trunk
- Bark Inclusion
- Steep Crotch Angles
- Multi-trunk trees competing for space
If the problem is identified in time the tree can be cabled and braced using steel rods to provide rigid support and steel or synthetic cables to restrict movement. They are intended to limit the movement of the supported branches so they are less to fail during storms.
- Book a qualified Arborist to assess your tree.
- Ensure the tree is professionally pruned before any cabling and bracing occurs.
- Once the cable and bracing has been fitted it needs to be inspected from the ground once per year as it is subject to the elements. There should be a climbing inspection every 5 years by a qualified Arborist.
Please call us for a free quote TODAY! Free Call: 1800 353 053 OR (07) 3715 5444