Locations: Toowoomba, Brisbane, Redlands & Goldcoast
Remuneration: Commensurate with Experience & Inline with current industry standards.
We are seeking a suitably qualified and experienced Arborist/Tree Climber to join our team on a full-time basis. This position requires the delivery of quality arboricultural and communications services to our extensive customer base. Paramount to this role is total compliance, implementation and enforcement of all WH&S procedures and instructions given by Heritage Tree Services Pty Ltd and the client on projects under your control.
- Ensure you work safely at all times
- Comply with at all times company policies, procedures, plans and guidelines which include WH&S, Quality and Environmental requirements.
- Provide maximum contribution to the business through sound work practices.
- The continual development of individual skills and technical knowledge.
- The satisfaction of customer requirements and expectations while on site.
- Ensure all paper work is completed on a daily basis and handed back to the
- Tree Works Manager – Ensure the Tree Operation crew work in a safe and efficient manner
- Site training for further professional development of inexperienced team members
- Liaise with clients in relation to changes in the work requirements
- Monitor and report on team attitude development and training required
- Participate in annual review of work practices for all team members in relation to wage review
- To collect information at the start of the day in relation to the work for the day – Brief the Tree Operations Crew on work to be completed
- Assess site on arrival and initiate JSEA and work plan, complete JSEA variation when change in conditions.
- If multiple crews work on one site one Team leader will assume control of the work plan
- Operate within Heritage Tree Care operational procedures
- Load truck with tools required for the days work
- Grease chipper and stump grinder
- Attaching the chipper and trailers – Drive trucks and vehicles as required
- Aid Driver in directions to the job site
- Participate in site assessment and completion of JSEA – Prepare tools for the job including saws ropes and rigging equipment Take a lead role in climbing or EWP work including pruning or removal as directed
- Direct Operation of the chipper and the stump grinder Site clean up and pack up of tools Ensuring all tools are collected
- Assess work to be completed and work overtime when required to complete the job – Upon return to the depot, remove all saws from the truck
- Clean and sharpen saws daily
- Other duties may be required as directed
- Help with equipment maintenance as directed Report any accidents to the Team leader/Foreman and complete all relevant paperwork. This includes accidents/damages and near misses to people, property and equipment.
- Tree climbing for all trees including pruning and removal
- Sound Understanding of rigging requirements in relation to ground operations
- Rigging of branches while climbing – Unsupervised operation of Stump grinder and chipper on a regular basis
- NEVER Commence/Continue works if it is unsafe to do so.
- NEVER Engage in practical jokes and horseplay.
- AQF Certificate III in Arboriculture or related qualification, including at least two years of on-the-job training, or
- AQF Certificate IV or higher qualification in a relevant field,
- Previous experience is highly desirable.
Attitude & Experience
Mature, professional and positive attitude to work. Work using only safe working practices. This includes not working under the influence of alcohol or other substances likely to affect performance and safety. Wear a clean and tidy uniform whilst working for, or representing Heritage Tree Care (HTC.) Punctuality. Enthusiasm and forethought for work and work procedures. Willingness to acquire and maintain all relevant tickets up to date. Willingness to fit in with our philosophy and grow with HTC. Willingness to work overtime when required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Climbing: Min 1 year (Required)
- AQF Certificate III Arboriculture or above (Required)
- Drivers Licence (Preferred)